What is Neck Pain?
Neck pain is one of the most commonly encountered complaints in the rehabilitation world accounting for 60-70% of reported dysfunctions, time lost from work and day to day impairment.
Neck pain can originate from injury in sport or a car accident, or may result from long duration of poor posture resulting in strain, disc herniation, weakness and instability.
If left untreated, neck dysfunction will often manifest into headaches, and in some cases may cause numbness or tingling down into the shoulder blades, up the back of the head or into the arms.
What Causes Neck Pain?
- Sport injury or car accident
- Weakness around the core and low back muscles
- Instability of the neck from previous injury
- Poor posture
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Prolonged seated desk jobs
- Hands on Manual Therapy
- Acupuncture / Dry Needling
- Strengthening of neck muscles
- Posture correction/education
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Massage Therapy